Friday, June 03, 2005

To Cardinal Sterzinsky (Heide Doblhofer)

Your Eminence,
dear Cardinal Sterzinsky,

Since 1972, after five years in the US, the Catholic Community on Hüttenweg has been my spiritual home. From the very beginning, I was impressed by the welcome extended to newcomers how fast they engaged themselves in the community. That was the basis for my own engagement here at All Saints, in the choir, as treasurer etc. I come with joy to the Sunday Mass at All Saints, and I miss it when I am not in Berlin.

Especially, I like the Blessed Sacrament Chapel. It is for me a place where I feel the presence of our Lord in a special way. Over the years, I have taken part much more than a thousand times in weekday masses in this chapel, and until now I like to pray in the intimacy of this room. To deconsecrate this chapel would make me feel like Good Friday without the hope for Easter Sunday.

Please, your Eminence, do not destroy and disseminate our Catholic Community, but allow us to continue to serve our Lord and God in this place.

Respectfully
Heide Doblhofer

http://www.all-saints-berlin.de/
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?